Monday, October 22, 2007

Rough Draft

I wrote a lot of rough draft pages last week and reached the black moment. I also tidied up about twenty earlier pages to send to my crit partners. It still took most of the weekend to get those in shape. They include a dinner and dance scene which I found difficult to write with all those people running around in it. After rewriting the scene three times, I finally decided to just focus on her interactions with a few people and stopped trying to describe the ballroom and everything that was happening in it.

My goal was to have Front Page Affair completed by the end of October. I could have the rough draft finished by then but the typed, coherent version won't be done. What to do... What to do...

Writing meant I didn't get out to get the yard work done and now I have a couple of tons of leaves to rake and lots of branches to cut.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Anne that is fantastic about your writing - tons of new stuff. You'll be done that draft in no time!

Anonymous said...

My advice is finish your rough draft by the end of October if you can. Just get the bones down! Then you can let it sit for a bit before you tackle revisions.

I love this time of year, even though I miss the summer weather. And I don't bother raking anymore. I let the leaves compost on my yard. Mind you, I have perfect privacy, so no one can see my house unless they drive right up to it.