Thursday, November 8, 2007

Week 1 Wrap Up


I've written over 11,000 words on Shattered and the rush and excitement of the first few days of NaNo has faded. The book has taken off in it's own direction and I'm playing catchup with the plot. Trying to decide which road to take and mulling over the plot since yesterday.

This morning I plan on 3,000 words and have to decide whether our hero cop is still on administrative leave or back on the job. Is he an insider or an outsider when it comes to investigating the death of the heroine's husband's mistress? And what's Sophie been doing all this time that Griff has been wondering around town poking into people's business? Arguing with her cheating husband?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shattered sounds awesome! I love mystery and suspense novels and your story sounds like it's chock full of both.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Anne, you're awesome! 11,000 words in 11 days. I have no idea what my word count is but I'm currently struggling to make something fit and that's why NaNo doesn't want you to use a WIP! But no matter - I'm farther along than I would be if I wasn't on this crazy rocket ride.

Stella MacLean said...

Anne, this is fantastic! You are really humming!
Stella

Kelly Boyce said...

Well I'm already hooked. And Griff looks angry. I think he needs a hug.