Thursday, December 20, 2007

Stop the Clock

How did it get to be Dec 20th already? I started Christmas shopping early, I really did. I think I'm finished. I'll know when I wrap everything. I have to eyeball the gifts for both my daughters and make sure it looks like they have equal amounts.

I haven't done my baking, wrapping or put the tree up. Thank heavens this year it's a fake tree because, after all that shoveling, my back couldn't handle dragging a big ass tree home. It's a good thing I don't have to prepare any of the major meals during the holidays. Lucky me, other people in my family like to entertain. And i love to be entertained - and fed.

I managed two chapters of revisions so far this week but still have two more I want to get through.

I did something foolish this morning. After my youngest left for the bus at 7.20 I went back to bed and pulled the covers over my head. So I got a late start to the day and slept away my early morning writing hours.

On my list today: wrapping, clean house and move furniture so I can put the tree up.

1 comment:

Annette Gallant said...

Good for you!! I keep trying to work on my manuscript but life keeps getting in the way. And I don't see getting much of a chance over the holidays. At least not until we get back home. But come January....