Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another Winter Day...

This was the view outside my window this afternoon.

Normally I wouldn't venture out in my car when the roads were bad but Daughter#1 had a hair appointment. That's too important to miss just because the roads are treacherous and we might end up in a ditch. Fortunately the oldest has a job and pays for her own hair because the bill was over $100. She had over eight inches cut off so she could donate it to Locks for Love, then had it streaked. Looked absolutely beautiful as I picked her up afterward - by that time the snow had turned to ice pellets.
Then, she promptly pulled the whole thing back in a ponytail when she arrived home. I managed to get a picture

before she turned goofy...




4 comments:

Unknown said...

The view out your window looks similar to the one I'm staring at. At least we've got some sun today. It's been snowing a lot and cloudy even when it's not. I don't blame you for not wanting to go out. With the subzero temps around here, black ice becomes an issue. Which means the roads are dangerous even when they're snow free.

Ah well, 3 more days til winter starts officially, that means only 3 more months until spring, right?

Tell your daughter, cute hair.

Unknown said...

Cat, black ice is the worst. At least with the snow you can see how bad it is.

Ramón Pérez said...

hasta vizca estas guapa

Annette Gallant said...

Good for you daughter for donating to such a worthy cause. And I love that colour. It really suits her.