Sunday, March 15, 2009

Focus!

I borrowed this book from the library. I'm hoping it's going to provide me with some tools to overcome the procrastination I'm dealing with at the moment.

The revisions are not getting done.

I even found myself back to searching TMZ .com and ParezHilton.com rather than working on those revisions. I don't even care about celebrities - or anyone else's social life for that matter (unless it includes me.)

The cover of this book tells me the plan will teach me to

-Do more in less time
-Stop procrastinating
-Succeed at my goals

My SuccessTeam suggested I set the timer and allow myself one hour of TMZ time in the evening - after I have my goals for the day completed. Good Idea.

Once I finish this book and put the timer to use. I'll let you know if it worked.

5 comments:

Cathryn Fox said...

Good luck Anne!

Unknown said...

Let me know if it works! I can always use another book that teaches me how to not procrastinate. I've got a few on my shelf and one of these days I swear I'm going to read them.

Unknown said...

Thanks Cathy.

Unknown said...

Cat, the book is interesting so far. It's described my behaviors exactly. Hopefully the next chapter will tell me how to stop them.

Annette Gallant said...

I definitely want to hear more about this book. It sounds like one I should read too.