Monday, October 12, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


It's another beautiful fall day in Nova Scotia. Had turkey dinner at my Mom and Dad's with all the family around. I'm thankful for my family. And that I still have my parents in my life.

The picture above was taken last weekend in Mahone Bay. I'm thankful I get to experience the wonders of the changing seasons. And more importantly, I'm grateful that I live in a part of the world that is at peace. I often tell my girls that being born in Canada is better than winning a lottery.

I'm also thankful my Desire submission is all packaged and ready to be taken to the post office in the morning. That will be my first stop before heading to my eye drs. for a check-up. The editor who suggested the revisions has left Silhouette so I hope the new senior editor likes it. That's what I get for taking so long to revise the full.

I am doing NANO-lite this Nov. What's NANO-lite? 25,o00 words for the month - something our RWA chapter came up with to get more people involved. Because, seriously, if you have a job and/or a family, 50,000 is too high a mountain.

I did finish NANO in 2007 but I don't really get the long term benefits of it. I know it's great for rediscovering the joy in writing and leaving your inner critic behind. But I'm trying to find a more long-term production schedule that I can live with. If my goal is to have a career in category romance I need to produce at least three books a year. On paper, that is very doable. Somehow in the day to day execution, I fall down on the job.

I'm confident I can do better.

No comments: