Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Harlequin Presents Contest Entry

Update on the Harlequin Presents Contest at www.iheartpresents.com.

544 entries!

They plan to respond to everyone, even if it's a form email so that's good.

I hit the 5,000 word mark in my half nano, 20,000 more words to reach my goal for the month. Works out very nicely, since there's 20 days left in Nov and I'm capable of writing 1,000 day without making myself nuts. Last night I left off just as they were about to do the nasty So, consumating that scene should take care of my word count for today.

But, it's in the morning that the real fun starts when everything goes to hell.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I told you...

Unknown said...

PS. If you recall I said 595. I was close...

Unknown said...

LOL. You were really close, Cat.

I didn't think they'd get as many as last time because you could only enter once. Was I wrong!

Unknown said...

Problem is more people know about it. And more people want to write for Presents than Modern Heat.

I don't envy the editors having to sift through 544 entries. Yikes.

Good luck to both of us.

Unknown said...

It looked like they had about 10 editors around that table so it shouldn't be too bad if they spread it out. Imagine whittling it down to one winner, though.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Woo hoo on your Half NaNo!