- start with a bang.
- H and h have to meet almost immediately, first page if possible.
- Don't bog those pages down in back story
- Make us care about the characters so we want to go along for the ride.
- Have lots of unanswered questions so the reader
- wants to continue
- Set the stage but go easy on description
I kept waiting for inspiration but none showed up so I just kept at it. Still needs work, though.
Need to get moving on these submissions. Just registered for the New York conference and booked the hotel room. Surely spending all that money should be incentive to write?