Monday, July 23, 2007

Falling Behind

It's only Monday and I'm falling behind.

Writing is just inching along. I'm having great ideas - but they're all for the other brothers I'm writing in Books 2&3.

My mind is on purchasing a car before my poor Neon bites the dust. Been test driving and checking prices and decided I didn't need all the bells and whistles of a bigger car. It was raining like crazy on Friday and Saturday and I'm sure those poor salesmen were ready to kick me when I went in to look and test drive cars, and then didn't buy anything.

You'd think buying a car would be more fun - kind of like buying a reeeallllyyyyy expensive pair of shoes, but it's not. Maybe the enjoyment hits when I drive it off the lot?

I found one today - just like Kelly's but silver instead of blue. I test drove it last week and went back today and I liked it even better. Had my Dad look over every inch of it. My nephew works on them, so I checked with him as well. It has a good warranty and that's important.

Need to make a trip to the bank, hope I can get the paperwork, money etc. all straightened out by Wednesday and then that's one last distraction I have to deal with.

Back to the writing. I'm going to sit down with pen and paper tonight and brainstorm ideas for Front Page Bride. It needs some emotional intensity and a stronger goal for the hero. I'm also checking my mail each day, hoping my post card will arrive from Silhouette telling me they received the proposal.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

My writing has been slow the last two weeks too. I need to give myself a major kick in the butt to get myself going.

Maybe tonight.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Come on, postcard!

Kelly Boyce said...

Yay! Congrats on the new wheels! I love my car. Nice smooth, quiet ride, plenty of room and a CD Player.