Sunday, August 19, 2007

The Bourne Ultimatum

Went to see the Bourne Ultimatum with my youngest sister who is visiting from Toronto. She moved there several years ago and I miss her. She was my movie-going partner and I don't go to see nearly as many now that she lives so far away. But, we've seen all three of the Bourne movies together. It was excellent. Exciting, edge of your chair, jump up and gasp kind of ride. Whoever made the choice of Mat Damon as Jason Bourne had vision. And they found a useful role for Julia Stiles in this one. In the first one she just hung out.

I discovered Robert Ludlum as a writer over twenty-five years ago and I hear they are making a few more of his books into movies. I hope they do as good a job as they did on the Bourne books. Oddly enough, Robert Ludlum has been dead for several years but new books keeping coming out under his name. I know someone else is writing them but I have no desire to read them. This also happened to the McNally books by Lawrence Sanders - he died and the books kept coming out year after year.

The movie was creatively inspiring as well. Gave me some new ideas for plot twists for my Romantic Suspense I completed the Story Board for last week.

I sent along my pages to my critique partners earlier today. Don't know how much writing I'll get done this week with my sister visiting. We plan to get out of the city for at least a couple of days. I'm going to work on getting this chapter finished.

4 comments:

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Movies are my best inspiration over anything else! Glad your movie partner was back in action, and that the movie turned out great. I'm looking forward to it, too.

Kelly Boyce said...

I love love LOVE the Bourne movies. They are what action movies should be. But I'm dying to know what the relationship between Julia Styles' character and Jason Bourne is because they kind of alluded to something and then left you hanging. I hope they're doing a 4th movie.

Unknown said...

Julia, they had some great previews before the movie so lots of great stuff to look forward to in the fall.

Kelly, I hope we get a fourth installment too - with Julia Styles as a love interest. The movie made lots of money so maybe that will spur them on to do a few more.

Anonymous said...

Haven't seen the newest Bourne movie yet. Maybe on the weekend. We really liked the other two.

Have fun with your sister!