Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween

Last day of freedom before Nano starts.

Hoping the laptop arrives today. The case and some peripherals arrived in a separate package yesterday. The Purolator truck pulled up in front of my house and I got all excited, until I handled the box and realized it was way too light for a computer. The good news is that the computer should definitely be here by tomorrow. Yeah!

Completed GMC's for hero, heroine and villain. Had great fun working on my villain and counting up the dead bodies. I read a bit of "How to Write a Damn Good Mystery." James Frey's philosophy is opposite of Chris Baty's. Frey believes in copious amounts of preplanning and writing, character charts and arcs, etc. I hold a lot of that stuff in my head and don't write it all down. I rarely refer back to it once I start writing.

I didn't get as much done as I planned. Once again time got away from me. I need to use those pockets of time when I'm picking up/waiting for kids more efficiently.

Tomorrow it all starts. Plan to get up early and write, write, write...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope that new laptop arrives soon! And how great is that? To start NaNo with a brand spanking new computer. Woohoo!!

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm really psyched and a little freaked out but mostly psyched. Hope the laptop makes it to your doorstep today! I plan on abusing my Alphie mercilessly.

Unknown said...

Fingers crossed that it gets here in time. I'm sure it will. I'm so excited about NaNo this year. I know so many people doing it, makes it so much fun. :)

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I saw your comment about joining the NaNo blog group, but I'll pass on that. It'll be enough for me to keep up my blog and write, write, write! Hope your new laptop is a dream, Anne.