Friday, January 11, 2008

It's All Too Much

I've been working hard on getting rid of stuff - emotional and physical - that have been hanging around way too long.

I'm not thinking too hard, or dwelling on the decisions, just putting one foot in front of the other and getting it done.

One of the items is my engagement ring and wedding band. I'm debating about giving each one of my daughters one but wonder if that isn't too sad? Will it just remind them that their parent's got divorced? And what about the wedding albums? I'm still bummed about the amount of money I wasted on those pictures. Letting that go too...

I also have to tackle all the writing related papers, handouts, charts, etc. that I have all over my computer room. I couldn't find anything easily if I needed it so what's the point? I finally found the papers on a life insurance policy I had to update. The company was having difficulty finding my policy without any information. Funny, they managed to find my bank every month for the preauthorized payment. Once I found it, it took only a few minutes on the phone to update it.

That happens a lot. I get anxious and worry about how hard and complicated something is going to be. Most times it turns out quite smoothly.

I'm off to the coffee shop today to key in the revisions for Ch 7,8, and 9. Ch 7 was rough, took me two days to revise it and I think I still have work to do on it. Ch 8&9 were better but I think one scene might have to be deleted. I either need to beef it up and make it do double duty or get rid of it.

I also have to buy my book for the Website Development course I start next week. It's twelve weeks through the winter months in the city. I hope the weather cooperates so I don't miss any classes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good luck with the editing. I'm sure your book is turning out great! And I can't imagine how hard it must be to go through everything like that. HUGS!

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Cool on the Website Development course, Anne! I'm a technophobe, so I'm awfully impressed.

I understand how you feel about the rings and the pictures. But my nieces have just been asked a similar thing from their grandma (my mother-in-law) - whether they'd like pictures from their parents' wedding (who are now divorced and both remarried.) They were delighted! Your daughters might feel the same way.