Saturday, March 15, 2008

Not A Word

Thank heavens March Break is over because I haven't written one word this week. The kids were even away for a couple of days and I just had time to clean the house, get this year's tax program loaded on the computer, complete my own taxes, and they were back home. Man, those kids are messy, especially in the kitchen. With no school schedule they get up late, eat constantly and at strange times so the kitchen always has to be cleaned... Okay, taking a deep breath and moving on...

Having a hard time facing the manuscript I left behind in mid story. I need to get some pages ready in the next couple of days for my crit partners. I checked the tracking number on my package to Silhouette and my MS arrived yesterday. Why haven't I been writing up a storm so I'm ready when they request a second MS? (thinking positive thoughts here)

On the web design front, I've purchased the very expensive software so I can design websites on my own. I wanted to take advantage of the discounted rates for students, while still enrolled in the class. However, I've decided to continue on with the program in the fall so I needed the software to be able to do that as well.

4 comments:

Annette Gallant said...

Glad your manuscript arrived okay. Hope you hear good news soon. :-)

I'm seriously thinking about taking that web design course. I took an online one and it really whetted my appetite to learn more. I'd also like to design my own website, but I don't want it to look unprofessional.

Julia Phillips Smith said...

I can't wait to see your website once it's up and running. If you and Annette start a whole web-design trend I wouldn't be surprised.

Kelly Boyce said...

I'm glad you're enjoying the web design course, Anne. The software might be expensive but it's an investment in future earnings too! That's how I'm looking at the trip to San Fran. ;)

Anonymous said...

Well said.