Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Powerless


I drove my daughter to school this morning because she needed to get there early. Don't get me started on the amount of gas it takes to drive her the 44kms round trip when another high school is less than five minutes away.

I came home to the power crews messing with the wires on the street. No power for an hour and a half. I hadn't had breakfast, caffeine or a shower. Since I'm on a well that uses electricity for the pump those things weren't going to happen for awhile. One of the guys came over to speak to me. He was gorgeous. He even had dimples. I still had my glasses on and hadn't brushed my teeth. Yuck!

I'm beginning to remember why I don't take big vacations with my kids. I have so many things to do before we leave on Thursday I don't know if I'll get it all done. I hoped to get my pages to my crit partners before I left but that doesn't look good. At least I've mapped out the next 5 or 6 scenes so they should be easy enough to complete.

My advanced computer class last night reminded me of calculus. Right over my head. I need to spend several hours going over all the stuff he ran through at warp speed. This class is much harder than the last one but we're learning really cool things about websites that I want to know how to do. Not enough time in my day.

I'm also trying to find a name for my website business. Everything I've come up with so far, the domain name has already been taken. I was hoping to start it with an A - like my name- so I can create a nice logo using the letter "A." I wanted to use "Affinity" but it's taken. The only thing remotely available is "amulet." What do you think of Amulet Web Design? The first two letters are my initials so I could design a nice logo using "AM." Another choice would be to just call it AMF Web Design. Or forget the whole "A" logo idea and choose another name entirely, Conception Web Design is available. Decisions, decisions...

I'm off to mow my lawn and clean my car out before lunch.

5 comments:

Annette Gallant said...

I like Amulet. Here are some more A words I pulled from dictionary:

Abacus
Advantage
Alpha
Ambrosia
Amity
Annex
Apex
Athena
Atrium
Audit
Aurora
Avatar
Axis
Azure

I'm trying to get my pages done for the same reason. Lucky we had an extra week this time.

Annette Gallant said...

Atlantic
Acadia

Unknown said...

Annette, I've checked the ones that appeal to me and with almost all of them,the domain name is taken. Hard to believe, isn't it?

Julia Phillips Smith said...

Amulet's pretty cool - and magical...

Kelly Boyce said...

I like Amulet. I see Annette has a whole list of ideas! Good luck with course and have a great time on your vacation!