Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Season

House is back! I'm not much of a TV watcher but I do love Hugh Laurie. I thought I wouldn't miss the rest of the cast because they're so bland compared to House. But last night's show felt like it was missing something - HIS TEAM. He was at his obnoxious best, though.

CSI is on tomorrow night and we will find out if Sara is dead - please don't let that drag on for more than one show.

Daughter #1 is back to school but still has a hacking cough that won't go away. She's struggling through class and trying to catch up on outstanding homework and projects. She was up early this morning working on a project before school. She's lost weight she couldn't afford to lose. I'm planning on buying her favorite foods today so I can tempt her.

On the writing front: I should hit the half way point of my book this week. I have a lot of rough, hand-written pages that need to be keyed into the computer. As long as I decide to keep all the scenes I should still be on schedule to finish the book at the end of Oct.

It's been twelve weeks since I sent my Desire proposal and still no word. What do you think they did with my postcard? Did I make a mistake addressing it to the senior editor? Maybe I should have sent it to one of the assistant eds. Sigh. I like the M&B practice of sending out a confirmation when they receive something.

I read that Presents are going to twelve books a month. Wow, it's hard to believe these alpha males are so popular. I love the emotional intensity of Presents but don't know if I could write one.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy to have found House. He will have his crew back soon enough. As long as he never loses Wilson, it will be fine. OMG I was howling over the guitar.

Kelly Boyce said...

My sister just discovered House and we had an argument last night over which one of us was going to run off with him. I told her with two kids and a husband she was a less likely choice. She said with two kids and a husband she deserved it more. I think it ended in a draw.

And I'm with Christine. I thought I was going to cack up a lung I was laughing so hard when Wilson was imitating the screaming guitar string being tightened.